I really really despise a trench coat although it is considered to be each girl's foundation piece and a splurge worthy wardrobe essential. I don't like it's simplicity and in my opinion, a trench is a BORING thing to wear. But I do like all of the following:
1. oversized sweaters/tees/dresses on tights. To me this is the best run around combination. Wheather I have some errands to do or having coffee with my girlfriends. It is comfy but above all, very stylish.
2. already too many times mentioned - blazers. I love crisp and quality blazers. Pair them with skinny jeans and a sheer top is my ultimate knockout combination. It might seem too business or too serious if you're not an office girl. Me being exactly that decided to chanell mademoiselle Alt in my daily office attire.
3. STRONG color. It's no secret that my favorite SATC character is Samantha. Not neccessarily for her lifestyle but for the boldness of her style. She is full of colors, patterns and definitelly makes a strong impression. I love her character's wardrobe and have introduced some wild colored pieces into mine as well after seeing how good colors can make you look. Having pale skin, I've noticed that it looks much better in a strong magenta or turqoise than in beige or white. I used to be all black, head to toes but seeing 6 seasons of SATC in a month period kind of opened my horizons for colors.
4. Wide-leg trousers. I know they're a bit retro and boho and not totally my style, but I looove a wide leg on a high heel. So hypnotic. I have a totally vintage white pair of such trousers and they really make you look divine. Stunning. They certainly have that flou, if you know what I mean.
5. All That Glitters. Chukny jewellry. Sequins. Metalics. That's right, I love the bling bling. Not because I want to show off but because I think that special accessory really gives that much more drama and attitude to an outfit than an expensive designer label. You could wear washed jeans, white tee and a shinny cluth as the one below and you'd sure as hell look fabulous.