Friday, June 11, 2010
Do you have that drama essence? Can you make people stop and stare when you enter the room? Are you captivating? Does that matter at all? Why do you dress up? Why do you even care of your hair tone and your make-up? Do you pay attention to style? Are you a fashion addict? A beauty maniac? A stylorexic?
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
I cannot stop obsessing about Ms Samantha Jones. It is not her sexual life that hunts me but her style. Colorful, bold, show-stopping style. Of all four characters in the series/movies, her style is the one I love most. I can't wait to see new clothing perfections Pat Fields chose for Sam in SATC2. If only I would own her clothes and her attitude, cause those clothes without that attitude wouldn't make any impression at all.
Sometimes I really wonder, what is it so captivating in Samantha. Her hair is always perfect, her face, mature but beautiful, she is always so polished but so rebellious at the same time. Ok, she's 50 but that doesn't mean she's gonna hide behind some classic, ladylike black pieces. She's out there to the fullest. Gotta admire that.
Sure, it's easy to do so in a movie. Anything is possible in a movie. But is there a woman like Samantha in real life? And here again I'm not reffering to her sexuality. I don't see many women her age pulling it off so colorful and bold. Still, I hope in a few decades when I reach that time of life, I'll be as gorgeous as she is.
PS i'm considering starting a Samantha Jones blog instead of this one... any thought on that?
Thursday, June 3, 2010
there are so many famous faces in fashion and so many new emerge each year... you'd say these girls have some fierce competition. but isn't that the situation just about everywhere??? in the blogosphere as well. there are numerous fashion blogs claiming for their piece of cake, attention and readers. do we really spend that much time online, at the computer, focused on the aesthetics? aparently we do. otherwise there wouldn't be that many bloggers for instance. it is interesting, the direction the world is heading to... change is truly inevitable
Sunday, May 23, 2010
I really really despise a trench coat although it is considered to be each girl's foundation piece and a splurge worthy wardrobe essential. I don't like it's simplicity and in my opinion, a trench is a BORING thing to wear. But I do like all of the following:
1. oversized sweaters/tees/dresses on tights. To me this is the best run around combination. Wheather I have some errands to do or having coffee with my girlfriends. It is comfy but above all, very stylish.
2. already too many times mentioned - blazers. I love crisp and quality blazers. Pair them with skinny jeans and a sheer top is my ultimate knockout combination. It might seem too business or too serious if you're not an office girl. Me being exactly that decided to chanell mademoiselle Alt in my daily office attire.
3. STRONG color. It's no secret that my favorite SATC character is Samantha. Not neccessarily for her lifestyle but for the boldness of her style. She is full of colors, patterns and definitelly makes a strong impression. I love her character's wardrobe and have introduced some wild colored pieces into mine as well after seeing how good colors can make you look. Having pale skin, I've noticed that it looks much better in a strong magenta or turqoise than in beige or white. I used to be all black, head to toes but seeing 6 seasons of SATC in a month period kind of opened my horizons for colors.
4. Wide-leg trousers. I know they're a bit retro and boho and not totally my style, but I looove a wide leg on a high heel. So hypnotic. I have a totally vintage white pair of such trousers and they really make you look divine. Stunning. They certainly have that flou, if you know what I mean.
5. All That Glitters. Chukny jewellry. Sequins. Metalics. That's right, I love the bling bling. Not because I want to show off but because I think that special accessory really gives that much more drama and attitude to an outfit than an expensive designer label. You could wear washed jeans, white tee and a shinny cluth as the one below and you'd sure as hell look fabulous.
Friday, May 21, 2010
I loooove glamour. I love feminine glamour that accentuates a woman's unique features and makes her stunning and makes the world hypnotised. And above all, the ATTITUDE that shows a woman carries herself with self-asteem and pride. I love the glitz and the shine and the drama or true glamour. I love the detailes that make it work and I love desire that follows.